We love litterless lunches! To celebrate Earth Day, here's our top six favourite ways to ensure that your lunch is good for you and the planet.
1. Pack snacks inside a reusable bag. Our favourite reusable brands include Russbe, Kindervilll Silicone Snack Pouch, RuMe Baggies and Fresh Snack Pack.
2. Use Bento Boxes to teach kids about portion control and waste reduction. The compartments are an excellent way to ensure that you get all the necessary fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins. Some of our favourite brands include Yumbox, Steeltainer and Lunch Bots which offers tons of options that fit perfectly in our lunch boxes and cooler bags.
3) Pack cloth napkins instead of paper napkins or you can make your own! Check out this article from DIY network on how to make your own cloth napkins!
4. Pack reusable cutlery. Bring a pack to keep in the office or place in your child’s lunch box. Many cutlery packs include fun carrying cases to place in your child’s lunch box. Look for options made of bamboo, PVC free plastic or classic stainless-steel.
5. When it comes to packing your lunch, think outside the box! Containers shaped to match your food are great way to keep meals fresh. Try these three fun shaped containers from Fenigo: Pizza-To-Go, Banana Guard and Froot Case & Froot Guard (pictured above). These adorabe Froot cases are great for for fruits or cupcakes for a sweet treat!
6. Stock up on your favourite snacks. Instead of buying small size versions of your favourite snacks, buy them in bulk. This will not only reduce the amount of waste you use, but also help you save money while conquering those mid day cravings! You can also try baking some of your favourite pastries and keep them in the freezer to use throughout the week. Enjoy!